A creative lead at Upstatement feels at home in all parts of the design process — from thinking deeply about strategy to polishing elegant interactions. We're looking for a strong designer with even stronger communication skills to lead our intensive design processes and our teams to success.
- Design smart, beautiful web experiences
- Create new design systems and solve problems within existing ones
- Plan interfaces and prepare wireframes
- Speak to clients and present your work
- Translate your design in HTML / CSS / SCSS
- Work collaboratively with designers and developers to implement and deploy sites
- More than six years of experience
- An extraordinary portfolio
- The capacity to work on multiple projects concurrently
- A content-first approach
- A keen eye for detail
- A deep familiarity with contexts, screens, and device capabilities
- You have editorial design experience
- Know an uncanny number of InDesign quick keys
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- A company-matched retirement plan
- Healthy (and non-healthy!) snacks
- A generous, flexible vacation policy
- Company-wide closure between Christmas & New Year’s Day
- A gorgeously-designed office in a historic building near North Station, opposite TD Garden
- Skill + personal development talks, workshops, and seminars
- A yearly professional development stipend
- Supplementary benefits like a Flexible Spending Account(FSA) and an Employee Assistance Program(EAP)
Interested in applying?
Send a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio (and anything else that helps us understand what makes you awesome) to email@example.com with “Creative Lead” in the subject.
FWIW: Worries of “what if I’m not the perfect fit” can sometimes hold us back from applying to jobs. We want to let you in on a secret: there is no perfect candidate. Sure, we’re interested in resumes, but also the narrative beyond that resume—unique backgrounds, experiences, points of views, etc. As such—there is no set of boxes to tick in order to be a good candidate. If this is a job that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.