During our 6-month program, you’ll collaborate with fellow Upstatementers and work with our amazing roster of clients to make work that matters.
We are looking for candidates to start Spring or Summer 2021.
This position is a 6-month full-time commitment. It’s enough time for you to get comfortable, learn, practice, and contribute.
- Work across the entire range of our design practice, from strategy to production
- Provide research and production support for projects and teams
- Communicate with clients and capture key insights for teams
- Deliver fresh design ideas and seamlessly extend pre-existing designs
- Produce and test front-end code
- Contribute to multiple active projects
- Experience designing websites and apps
- Strong skills in generating designs and concepts
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Can explain and talk about your work to collaborators and clients
- You’re self-taught, in school, making a career change, or a recent college graduate
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage
- Your own professional development budget
- Mentorship for the skills you want to learn
- Employee assistance program for wellness and mental health
- Health benefits not included
Is there a job at the end?
Internships at Upstatement are not a path to full-time roles. Some folks have made the transition from temporary to full-time, but it depends on our current hiring outlook.
Interested in applying?
Email us your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio link!
FWIW: Worries of “what if I’m not the perfect fit” can sometimes hold us back from applying to jobs. We want to let you in on a secret: there is no perfect candidate. Sure, we’re interested in resumes, but also the narrative beyond that resume—unique backgrounds, experiences, points of views, etc. As such—there is no set of boxes to tick in order to be a good candidate. If this is a job that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.